Medina County Arts Council Scholarship 2018
The Medina County Arts Council, a non-profit organization whose purpose is to promote and build community excellence through the arts in Medina County, will award one scholarship to a Medina County graduating senior each year. The selection committee screens applications and administers the scholarship, which is awarded at the annual Summer Soirée and Service to the Arts Awards Ceremony on Thursday, June 7, 2018. The decision of the committee is final.
All Medina County graduating seniors who have been actively involved in the arts during high school and are continuing their education at a technical school, 2-year, or 4-year institution. Declaration of a major in the arts is not required to be eligible for this scholarship.
The amount of the scholarship shall be a one-time amount of $1000 to be used toward tuition, books, or other school supplies. The recipient of the award will be recognized at the Annual Summer Soiree awards banquet. When proof of acceptance and enrollment have been verified by the selection committee, the money shall be paid directly to the student. The scholarship must be used during the school year immediately following the award.
the student must submit:
- One essay of 500-650 words detailing their experiences in the arts and how the arts have shaped their character
- One 100 word description of plans for their immediate future (college/technical school/etc.)
- A current academic transcript
- A signed letter of recommendation from a teacher of the arts familiar with the student's experiences
- Students must provide a header to their essay complete with their name, email address, and phone number.
Submissions may be emailed to:
or mailed to:
Medina County Arts Council
P.O. Box 532
Medina, Ohio 44258
Only complete applications will be considered. Submissions must be received or postdated no later than 11:59 p.m., February 28, 2018.
The student will be provided three (3) tickets to the Annual Summer Soirée and Service to the Arts Awards Ceremony on June 7, 2018. The scholarship will be awarded at the Summer Soirée, and the awardee is expected to attend.
2017 - McKenzie Erne